Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thoughts on Psalm 18

I picked up my Bible this morning, for the first time in a little while.  My excuse of a crazy schedule is lame, especially since this is my third day off in a row. Couldn't decide what to read, so looked up my daily email devotional, and it was some verses in Psalm 18...so I decided to read the entire chapter.  And proceeded to be broken. In just a matter of minutes. Rick came into the bedroom, and I blubbered my way through telling him what had happened in my heart, and then I wrote some things down.  Here are my thoughts on this Psalm and how it spoke to me.  Get out your Bible and read it for yourself,  because I'm not going to type out the verses. There is more than what I can write down that touched me and broke me in these verses...I'll let the Word do most of the talking.
vs. 4-5 the cords of death, torrents of destruction, cords of the grave, snares of death....(.to me at this point in time, this is the "world" and all it has to offer to try to fill the empty places in me, it's view of my God and the people who follow Him)...entangled, overwhelmed, coiled, confronted..(where I have been lately...with the views of society wrapped around me)
vs. 6 is my silent plea for help!  I didn't even know I was needful and wasn't aware of my dangerous position
vs. 7-15  He came to my rescue, like a knight in shining armor avenging his princess!  The anger and emotion at where I was...not at me, but at what was keeping me intertwined with the culture around me.
vs. 16-19 His gentle and loving renewal of my damaged heart
vs. 21-24 I can't say I have kept his ways, and that I haven't turned from Him.  I haven't been blameless or kept myself from sin....but He has rewarded me according to the righteousness I have in Christ, my hands are clean because of Him.
vs. 28-29  What I can do with His help...not on my own!  That's for sure!  But if my hand is in His...

The song comes to mind....."Word of God speak, would you pour down like rain, washing my eyes to see Your majesty.  To be still and know that You're in this place...please let me stay and rest in Your holiness....Word of God.....speak..."

No comments:

Post a Comment